Sunday, May 4, 2008

Get out your Kleenex Box.....

Bob sent me a clip this morning and wondered if we could get it into the family blog.  Took me a while and I am sure there is an easier way --- but here you go --- 

And Bob, thanks a million -- was it Bob Hope that sang  "Thanks for the memories"?  From all of us to you, Bob, thanks for the memories.

(Click on the top bar and it will play twice)


Note from Bob ---
"Jackie,  Is there a way to attach this MP3 on the Blazier Blog??  This is the only tune my Mom could play without sheet music.   Enjoy,  Bob"

6 comments:

Bob said...

This recording is from an 50 year old tape recording that I made when we lived at 166 North Worth Ave. It was recorded in 1958 to the best of my knowledge. The entire tape is aprox. 25 minutes or so long. Uncle George and Mom sang with the rest of the family singing along. If anyone would care to hear more, let me know. It took several hours of trying to get enough oil in the right spots in my 40Yr.old recorder. I used a free program I down loaded off the net called "AUDACITY" to re-record as a MP3. Now I can easily make as many CDs as I wish. Bob

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Would love it --- and if you have any clips you want me to post to the family blog email them to me and I'll get them on the blog ASAP. Thanks for sharing -- it is great. Jackie

--- said...

This is great - post more!!!

Love,
Amers

Sharry said...

Bob, I have it all on old cassette, but I'd sure love the whole enchilada on CD! Dad's and Aunt Helen's harmonizing on "Beautiful O-Hi-Ho" is also a family classic. And the tape also has a rare recording of Aunt Stella doing one of her goofy parodies. That must have been one great party -- I can just taste the Ritz crackers and smell the Chesterfield smoke!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I thought she could play anything!

Stephanie said...

I heard this from my e mail quite awhile ago. Definitely precious beyond words! Thanks for saving Bob, and thanks for posting Mom!