In December I received a phone call from the latest owner of the Stinson Airplane that Uncle Web owned back in the 60's. It was over 6 years since I heard from Mr. John Williams. The call came from out of the blue! I was both surprised and happy to hear from him. John told me that it took over 7 years of hard work to complete the restoration. He said he just couldn't wait any longer to fly the plane for the first time. So on a Wednesday he took her up for the first time. John said he had a ball flying the old Stinson and could not believe how well the plane handled.
This comes from a fellow who flys KC-130's for a living. Attached is a couple of photos of the 1939 Stinson, tail No NC-21195. If you care to see additional photo's of the plane, drop me a line at rawarner@bellsouth.net. Bob
4 comments:
Memories
Sweet Memories
Thanks a million for sharing, Bob.
Happy New Year to you and all your family.
Love,
AJ
Amazing! That is so cool that the guy contacted you! Shows there is still majic in the world!
N21195 is in the air once again! I'll be sure to print a pic and put it in "the basket". Thanks again, Bob.
Always loved this photo .. nice to look at it again. I forgot about the blog. Sorry ..
Post a Comment