Thursday, February 7, 2008

We Made The Hollywood Walk Of Fame!?

A group of tourists strolling the Walk of Fame stops at the Blazier family star ..

"Who the heck are they?"

"Aren't they those ones that got their start on the Andy Williams Show?"

"Nah, that's them Osmonds. I think the Blaziers were on the Lawrence Welk Show."

"That was the Lennon Sisters! The Blaziers were those butt-ugly guys on 'Hee Haw'."

"That was the Hager twins. I'm tellin' ya, the Blaziers were the ones with the painted schoolbus ... or else the ones with Mini-Mom?"

"Whatever. Hey, look over there, it's the star for Nipsey Russell!"

Sharry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Aunt Jackie says:
Actually, and I have it for a fact, it was George "Jolson" Blazier that made the musical Blaziers famous. Accompanied by his sister, Helen, on the piano.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

It's time for more cards, Sharry. You funny girl!

Lisa said...

See those Pyrex or Fire King bowls on the tray table next to Waldo? Woth a bunch on eBay now! Sing it, U.G.!

Sharry said...

Yep, I can hear him singing it right now, Aunt Jackie: "My mammyyyyyyy!" It's inevitably one of my favorite pics of my dad. It's from the Uncle Webby & Aunt Shirley collection, and I thank Lisa for sharing it with me! I'm guessing it was taken around 1958 -- the Fulton St. living room in South Elgin.

--- said...

I can hear him --- just wonderful!
Amers