Saturday, January 19, 2008

July 1994

I know you all have a ton of photos --- post some here --- that's one of the things this blog is for.

I came across this photo while cleaning out a drawer. Can't believe it is almost 14 years ago that this was taken.

4 comments:

Sharry said...

Well, that's the Clifton front yard, and I think I probably took that picture, since everyone else is IN it ... judging by the date, I think that was possibly the farewell dinner we had for Uncle Don and Aunt June just before they moved to Kokomo. A wistful, bittersweet occasion. Although it was also Uncle Joe's birthday, so it was a "two-fer."

I might need to stare at that picture for a while just to imagine the warmth of a July day, dang!!! It was six below on our thermometer this morning here in Elgin. Grass! Flowers! Mmmm! Sure looks nice.

Anonymous said...

Ah! One more thing, I just noticed -- on the sidewalk by the porch, hard to see because it's lying flat, but it's the scoreboard/washer-storer of a Go-4-Hole game!

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Very observing, Sharry -- it is indeed the scorer/storer. How much fun have we all had with that wonderful game? Maybe get some challenges going for July.
Jackie

Stephanie said...

This is a *wonderful* photo. I am so happy to see it. Makes me smile. Thanks for the post!