Petunya was studying Raag Malkauns, sung by Kishori Amonkar. She's a big Parveen Sultana fan, too. I know Mom's parakeets could all sing The Magic Flute. Is anyone else's pet into world music?
I'll TRY to find the photo -- what a great cat Petunya is -- hey, all our 4 legged furry babies are great. Doesn't look like Petunya gets stressed easily :-)
Hi! Cousin .. I think .. Stephanie here. So, Adam is Megs boy that I knew when he was a baby, right? I was in my teens and you guys lived in Chicago .. right? I have listened to tons of indian music and studied some ragas. I love what Petunya is doing. I don't know if it is the recording or the voice that makes it at point other worldly. I suspect it my be an "over" on the video, but one never knows about these things. AND who is to say who or what causes any thing to happen. I listened to this a few times. Way cool. Again, LOVED Petunya's voice .. cool. Thanks for posting.
Sorry I couldn't hear Petunya's voice. I have a song I made up for Stevie when we're going to the park, which he of course thinks is the one and only worthwhile piece of music in existence, and attempts to sing along with ... but he does NOT care for country (which doesn't get much play around here, anyway). The other day, he threw up to Eddy Arnold.
Tiffany was indeed a fine guitarist - and I also remember Amy's parakeet Tut-Tut singing along to just one particular recorder ensemble piece every time we played it!
Amazing animal stories .. bar story just seems to be part of the Blazier family tradition, glad Stevie is keeping it up (pun intended).
As for our current 4 legged family, they see rehearsal as the perfect time to beg as there are more hands to feed. "Aunt" Chandra and "Uncle" Sean ... add many other musicians here .. have been trained to first greet the dogs - wag their tails at Sheila (wiggle butt) then command to sit and give treats. Halley first. If this does not happen, the girls WILL bark all the way thru rehearsal. Period.
Ah ha! Now for sure I have a face with the name and the cat from the same. Good to see you at the party Adam. Noted this while going thru our blog trying to keep everyone in my head - right name w right families. Love your "daughter" Adam. She is a pretty itty bitty kitty.
6 comments:
Cool cat - Our old cat Tiffany used to play the guitar. Mom have a picture of her???
Amers
I'll TRY to find the photo -- what a great cat Petunya is -- hey, all our 4 legged furry babies are great. Doesn't look like Petunya gets stressed easily :-)
Hi! Cousin .. I think .. Stephanie here. So, Adam is Megs boy that I knew when he was a baby, right? I was in my teens and you guys lived in Chicago .. right? I have listened to tons of indian music and studied some ragas. I love what Petunya is doing. I don't know if it is the recording or the voice that makes it at point other worldly. I suspect it my be an "over" on the video, but one never knows about these things. AND who is to say who or what causes any thing to happen. I listened to this a few times. Way cool. Again, LOVED Petunya's voice .. cool. Thanks for posting.
Sorry I couldn't hear Petunya's voice. I have a song I made up for Stevie when we're going to the park, which he of course thinks is the one and only worthwhile piece of music in existence, and attempts to sing along with ... but he does NOT care for country (which doesn't get much play around here, anyway). The other day, he threw up to Eddy Arnold.
Tiffany was indeed a fine guitarist - and I also remember Amy's parakeet Tut-Tut singing along to just one particular recorder ensemble piece every time we played it!
Amazing animal stories .. bar story just seems to be part of the Blazier family tradition, glad Stevie is keeping it up (pun intended).
As for our current 4 legged family, they see rehearsal as the perfect time to beg as there are more hands to feed. "Aunt" Chandra and "Uncle" Sean ... add many other musicians here .. have been trained to first greet the dogs - wag their tails at Sheila (wiggle butt) then command to sit and give treats. Halley first. If this does not happen, the girls WILL bark all the way thru rehearsal. Period.
That is the extent of their musical "talent".
Ah ha! Now for sure I have a face with the name and the cat from the same. Good to see you at the party Adam. Noted this while going thru our blog trying to keep everyone in my head - right name w right families. Love your "daughter" Adam. She is a pretty itty bitty kitty.
Post a Comment