Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Photo of the week #3 Web and Tillie

Isn't this the greatest?  Wish it were a bit clearer.  No date on photo, darn. I just replaced the original photo I had posted -- Steph did some work on it and it is much sharper -- thanks, Steph, appreciate it.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Cool! Any idea where it was taken? Do you remember if they were good swimmers?

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

I do remember stories of them swimming across a lake -- don't know what lake -- wish I had paid more attention when I was young. (I'll tell you the rest of the story sometime LOL) But to answer your question, yes, they both were good swimmers. Maybe Uncle Don has better memories of this.

Stephanie said...

This is absolutely awesome! I just love this shot. Thanks so much for posting. Good to see grandma/pa looking so happy, normal, relaxed .. in love. mmm. A good start for all of us on this line.

Sharry said...

Wow, that's a fantastic pic! A reasonable guess for location might be Pistakee Bay? Not that it couldn't have been one of a hundred different places, but that was their usual vacation/getaway spot for many years, I know.

Oh, come on Aunt Jackie, tell us the story, pleeeeease??? How naughty could it be? Okay ... but tell us anyway.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

So far no one has commented on how tall Grandma looks in this photo ---- now we all KNOW she wasn't taller than Grandpa. Interesting LOL.

Sharry said...

Nope, hadn't caught that! That's pretty funny!

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Another possibility of where this was taken is Lake Zurich, IL. I remember going there many times as a kid.