Happy 86th Birthday to Shirley Jean Knott Blazier! Must be high school basketball season! Of course, the Blaziers never needed a birthday or holiday to throw a party. Any day of the year would do. Some of the things I remember most are marching through the house and over beds to "Bridge Over the River Kwai" and falling asleep in piles of warm, furry coats (as a child!). Feigning sleep in the car was always good for getting carried into the house when we got home, too. Those were the days, my friend.
3 comments:
Auntie Em remembered (of course!) ...
I remember some of those wacky parades around the Fulton street house myself -- pot lids were seized from the kitchen to be used as crashing cymbals! I wonder how many young'uns know offhand what the Bridge Over The River Kwai song is? But I bet if we sing, "Comet is made from gasoline, Comet will make your mouth turn green, Comet will make you vomit, so get your Comet and vomit todayyyy!" -- it'll ring a bell with a few more of them! Of course, we usually whistled it. I think it's really the Colonel Bogey March? ... and also, sometimes, the parade song was the Mickey Mouse theme.
Those really were the days! And nobody had a crazier impromptu sense of fun than Aunt Shirley.
Any day could be a cause for celebration --- and thank goodness for all the photos to keep some of these days special forever.
This is a great photo! So sweet. Thanks so much for posting, I love these photos. I am going to get round to posting more too .. Love the stories behind them and of course having our family historian give her point of views on everything. Way to go Sherry!
Post a Comment