Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"My Mom" pin doll



I sent this to both Steph and Amy -- they thought I should post it here --- so here it is.

If you look closely, you will see the face on the pin is the same as the face on the photo of Mom.

The "story" behind My Mom pin doll is -- when I was very little she used to sing me a song -- I wish I could remember the title -- but the lyrics contained the thought that when she was gone from me she would "sit on the moon" and keep her eyes on me.  Mom passed away when I was 12 and I survived those first lonely years by remembering that song and looking nightly toward the moon and 'feeling' Mom close to me again.

The moon was a favorite in other ways too -- whenever we rode in the car (it would usually be Mom and Dad and "Aunt" Clara and "Uncle" George) they would sing the whole trip.  "Shine on Harvest Moon" was and still is, a family favorite and sung very often on those "road trips".

 (The fabric is not really "moon" fabric --that is, unless you call it the "Harvest Moon" and then it is perfect  LOL). I recalled many fond memories while stitching on this little pin.

The pin is stuffed with lavender -- and somehow the aroma reminds me of Mom too.

2 comments:

Sharry said...

Very sweet story and pin, Aunt Jackie! I'm trying to find an old lyric site I used to know of, that was pretty good at pinpointing songs from just a few words.

Uncle George and Aunt Clara would be the Liepitzes?

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Yep, that's them.