Friday, May 2, 2008

I'd Get A Kick Out Of Your WWII Stories (snork, snork!)


This picture must have been taken sometime between September 1944 and April 1945, since my dad is still in uniform. He must have been home on a leave from the Indiana hospital he was in following his return. That's Aunt June, Grandma Tillie and Aunt Jackie with him -- and Aunt Shirley's foot kicking toward them! (I know that because I have a couple other pics taken within seconds of this one).


But while we're at it ... for those who didn't know, I've been compiling a family history book running from as-far-back-as-I-can through World War II. It's getting pretty close to done, and I'd really like to have it ready for July. What I could use at this point is a few more details about the World War II era -- specifically, the wheres and whats of the military service of Uncles Don, Webby and Harry, and what-all the Blaziers did on the homefront during the war (war-related things like the Army Doll Grandma made for Aunt Jackie, but also just any other anecdotes of things that happened during that era).


Anything anyone would care to see included, I'd really appreciate it -- you can blog it here, or send me an e at SLBlazier2@aol.com.


Thanks!!!

1 comment:

--- said...

Have you looked at Blurb.com. They do great books - cheap - and you can password them, so only those who you want in can see the finished product.

Amy