This is the doll that is referred to in the last post by Sharry. The doll was a gift to me from Webby and Shirley -- don't recall if it was Christmas or birthday -- but think it was Christmas. The outfit the doll is wearing is a WAC uniform (including cap) that Mom made for me for Christmas -- I do remember that it was made from one of Dad's old kaki work shirts.
4 comments:
Don't you wish you still had her!
Was she a particular name doll? Like, Chatty Cathy or whatever?
I would LOVE to have her -- she was a beautiful doll. Soft body, molded face, hands legs -- with sleep eyes and "real" hair. I don't remember her having a 'special' brand name [ I think I called her Betsy or Betty] -- I remember something that Shirley got it at Mosiman's --- although I don't remember Mosiman's having dolls -- maybe at the holiday time or just before my time --
Yes, I saved this photo from my e mail. I love it. I remember all the doll clothes you made for me mom. Guess it is a family tradition. I wonder if my boys would appreciate doll clothes?? Eh, probably not.
Yes, I saved this photo from my e mail. I love it. I remember all the doll clothes you made for me mom. Guess it is a family tradition. I wonder if my boys would appreciate doll clothes?? Eh, probably not.
Post a Comment